Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pecan Pumpkin Waffles

Yesterday I stopped at Williams-Sonoma in the Mall of America. I love that place. I could probably spend thousands of dollars there and still want more. It always smells so good inside, too.

When I walked into the store, I noticed a small section with "Spiced Pecan Pumpkin" mixes. It included different breads and pancake/waffle mix. I love eating pumpkin in October and November (including Dairy Queen's Pumpkin Pie Blizzard), so I knew I had to buy a container.

I am always very happy with Williams-Sonoma pancake/waffle mixes. They are very easy to prepare and taste wonderful. My sister introduced me to the traditional "Bellegem Waffle Mix" about 6 years ago. I usually have at least one container stocked in my cupboards. I knew that I couldn't go wrong with pecans and pumpkins.

When I woke up this morning and decided to start preparing the waffles. I looked at the instructions and realized that it was going to be more work than I had anticipated. The Bellegem mix calls for water, that's it. The pecan pumpkin mixed called for eggs, butter and milk. It only added 3-4 minutes to my preparation time, but I hadn't mentally prepared to "work."

I tossed all of the ingredients in my stand-up mixer while I preheated the waffle maker. When the waffle was complete, I put whipped cream on top with some ground nutmeg.

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups Spiced Pecan Pumpkin Waffle and Pancake Mix (Williams-Sonomoa)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
4 Tbs (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 cup milk


Music: Rilo Kiley - Silver Lining
Weather: 40-degrees (F) - chilly


No comments:

Post a Comment