Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sunday Soup Day: Vegetable and Wild Rice with White Beans

Our day was jam packed with activity from the moment the sun came up. So, needless to say, I was strapped for time on the preparation of my soup. In fact, I didn't even know what I was going to make until half time of the Packers game, which meant getting groceries was out of the picture.

We had onions, carrots and green peppers, so I sauteed them in my lovely Dutch oven with olive oil. I poured water into the pot so it covered the vegetables and added cooked wild rice. I had to add a little more water because the rice was going absorb some of it. I also had a can of Cannelinni beans (white beans), so I added the entire can for a little extra protein.

Everything turned out very well. The wild rice was a very good addition, as were the beans, because they gave the soup substance and provided extra color and texture. I used many of the seasonings that I usually do, so it had a familiar taste, but it was better than normal because very little was expected from it. I'm getting pretty good at this. ;)

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 green pepper
1 onion
4 oz carrots
6-10 oz water
2 cups cooked wild rice
1 can Cannelinni beans (rinsed)
Seasoning to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment