Monday, October 10, 2011

Sunday Soup Day: Pumpkin Turkey Chili, v2.0

This is the first repeat recipe that I've featured on this blog. It's that good. Any time people talk about chili, inevitably, I end up raving about my pumpkin turkey chili. I made it a handful of times last year and will probably make it a few times this fall.

I LOVE making soup. There's something about it that brings me peace and comfort. I get very focused when I'm in my kitchen. Chili is a little different, though. It allows for me to be less focused because, basically, I just put all of the ingredients in the pot, make sure the meat is cooked then eat it. In this particular chili, the pumpkin replaces the tomato paste usually used to make chili. It's the same consistency, but I think it's much better tasting and suitable for October.

I highly recommend this recipe, as I always do on this blog. It's a great potluck choice because it will create a buzz among the guests. It's also extremely tasty and good for you. I likely wouldn't post it if it wasn't.

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 chopped onion
1 chopped green bell pepper
1 chopped red bell pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pound ground turkey
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 can pumpkin puree
1 can Cannelinni beans
1 can kidney beans
1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Salt and other seasoning to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment