Thursday, October 13, 2011

Chobani yogurt pancakes

I usually purchase the large container of vanilla flavored Chobani Greek yogurt because we go through it so quickly. As I was scooping some out the other day, I noticed a recipe on the side for Chobani yogurt pancakes. Since I make pancakes a fairly regularly my kids, I thought it was the perfect recipe to try.

I followed the ingredients list very carefully because I couldn't quite grasp what yogurt would do to pancake batter. It was thicker and much stickier than I'm used to. I added close to an extra 1/4 cup of milk because I didn't trust that pancakes would cook through entirely. In the end, I don't think it made much difference.

We ate them with maple syrup, but I kept envisioning the berry syrup on the table at Perkins. I think fruit would go very well these pancakes, whether if it was syrup, jam or fresh strawberries. Fruit will definitely be in the plan next time. Regardless, these pancakes were simply fantastic.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups (12 oz) Vanilla 0% Chobani Greek Yogurt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3/4 cup milk

Combine dry ingredients. Whisk wet ingredients, pour into dry mixture, and stir just until combined. Over medium-high heat scoop 1/4 cup batter onto skillet per pancake. Flip when bubbles appear. Cook until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment